My Checklist for Staple!
Hi folks! I'm Keith Quinn, creator of the Local Heroes and Playtime Projects strips. For the second year in a row, I'll be at Staple!, and boy, I'm excited! I want to make sure I bring everything I need for a successful show, but time's running out. What I need is a checklist to keep me from frantically gathering the goods at the last minute or, even worse, forget to bring something important.
First thing's first, let's make sure I have my "convention basics":
- The goods
- A big stack of Local Heroes #1.
- Two or three copies of Heroes Incorporated #1.
- A big stack of Playtime Projects Temporary Tattoos.
- A stack of flyers. (Special note: The backs of my flyers double as sketchcards!)
- I need to make sure I can make change for any customer that needs it. It's especially important to bring plenty of singles and a scattering of change.
- Table supplies
- Table cloth. (I picked up a nice disposable one from Target!)
- Character standees and price list.
- Napkins/paper towels.
- Tape, rubber bands, big clips.
- Scissors (That table cloth is probably bigger than I need).
- Garbage bags.
- Art supplies—got to have something to use on those sketchcards!
- Pencils, pens, sharpies, markers, etc.
- Pencil sharpener.
If I bring nothing else, at least the basics are covered. But I can do better. I want to make sure I capture some promotional moments as well as some great memories. And I probably want to make sure some personal comfort is accounted for.
- "Capture the moment" gear
- Camera (with fresh batteries!).
- Flip camera (also with fresh batteries).
- Extra batteries.
- Autograph book.
- Bottled water.
- Small snack.
- A table partner—great to spend time with (and to watch the table when you have to step away!).
Am I missing anything? What do you have in your convention checklist?
posted by Keith at 11:08 AM